It’s important to remember to “question everything”. We often go along with mainstream ideas and habits as if there is no other way- not even questioning if it is good for us, if it’s what we are meant to be doing, if we even want to be doing it, if we believe it, if it’s the best thing for us and more.
Many people are just drifting along in life doing what their parents wanted them to do, following the shoulds, being the person they think they should be, doing what the latest magazine article told them to do, acting how they see other people act and so much more. We often don’t know we are being anything but our true self however, unbeknownst to ourselves, we are being a masked version of ourself.
I believe that a purpose of our life journey is to become more and more of our true self through our daily life lessons.
Over time when we live as the masked version of ourselves it can cause stress on our whole mind body emotion soul system. It often shows up as physical symptoms such as tension in the neck or pain in the body. It can show up as anxiety or depression. It can show up as a feeling of just being off or out of sorts.
Even if you think you are living in total alignment with your true self and got it all figured out I want you to start questioning and notice what comes up.
Start taking action now.
As you go through your day start to ask yourself questions and ponder the answers. You may not have the “correct” answers for all of them but what is important is you start to be curious and investigate.
Ask yourself questions such as:
- Why do I believe ____________?
- Why am I feeling ___________?
- When did I start acting like __________ and why?
- Who influences my behavior?
- Why do I want to be a/an____________?
- Why am I eating____________?
- Why do I do the exercise I do?
- Do I like doing ____________?
- Does it feel good to be __________?
When you start to receive answers it’s important you take action on them. For instance, if you are a banker and you start to question that you may ask:
- Why did I decide to be a banker?
- Do I like being a banker?
- Do I want to continue being a banker?
- Who influenced my decision to become a banker?
The intention behind this ritual is for you to discover more of your true self and live more in alignment with your true self.
Once you begin experimenting with the answers you receive you learn more and more about yourself and can make better choices in life that are more alignment with your true self. As you do this more often your mind body emotion soul system begin to heal.
For instance, if you were a banker but realized you decided to be a banker because you thought it was the only way you could make money and be stable, you could then decide to ask more questions such as:
- How else can I make money?
- What else do I enjoy doing?
- How could I get creative doing what I love and making money?
- Can I live more simply so I don’t need to make as much money?
- Do I even desire to live a “stable” life?
The questions you can ask yourself are endless!
I want you to have fun with this new process. Make it a ritual at the beginning of your day or end of your day to “question everything”.
magic & miracles, kelly