Mucuna Pruriens is a medicinal plant that grows wildly in the equatorial jungle regions.
Mucuna Pruriens is one of the only naturally occurring sources of L-Dopa, which is the precursor to dopamine.
It is so rich in L-Dopa that it is used as an alternative treatment for Parkinson’s disease, which is believed to be caused in part by the lack of the essential neurotransmitter. It is also a powerful source of serotonin and tryptamine.
This is a natural, safe non-addictive mood enhancer or antidepressant.
The medicinal benefits of taking Mucuna are powerful. Anyone wanting to improve their mood, decrease inflammation and decrease pain should consider taking this plant medicinally. Check out all the amazingly powerful benefits of using Mucuna:
- increased human growth hormone which promotes muscle growth, increased strength and increased testosterone levels.
- lower levels of prolaction, which may reduce menstrual discomfort and associated weight gain.
- restores and balances the brain, nervous system and hormonal systems.
- nourishes our life force energies.
- pain relief
- blood purification.
- great treatment for depression and anxiety.
- rich in amino acids.
Mucuna is a spiritual and consciousness-enhancing plant.
The pineal gland is the master regulator of consciousness in the body and is believed to control our perception of time and our circadian rhythms.
I personally have also learned breathing techniques that help to activate the pineal gland. I now use daily meditation, breathwork and Mucuna to help me get to deeper levels of consciousness and activate my pineal gland. I’m still learning and experiencing so much in this area of my growth.
Mucuna has a slightly bittersweet, smoky caramel flavor.
- 10 ounces coconut water
- 1/2 cup coconut meat (use 1 cup if you want your smoothie thicker.)
- 1 tbsp Mucuna (I love Sun Potion brand!)
- 1/4 cup dried mulberries or 1 date
- 1/2 tsp vanilla bean powder
- big handful greens (because I can’t not use greens in my smoothies!)
- dash of sea salt
- optional: I love to add a big scoop of either vanilla collagen or plain collagen too.
- optional: I also love to add a big tbsp of Yin Power by Sun Potion. But if you are just starting out with your herbs and superfoods add only one at a time.
Let me know if you decide to try Mucuna to help you on your healing journey.
If you are on a healing journey it can be an emotional roller coaster at times. Using Mucuna can help you balance your mood and handle the ups and downs. Almost everyone that is healing needs to decrease inflammation and this is a delicious way to help. Plus, activating your pineal gland helping you connect deeper to your true self. And even pain relief!
It is our job to assist ourselves in healing! We have the power to make daily choices that help us to heal.
Health & Happiness, Kelly