I believe part of the reason for the life journey is for us to become our true selves! Our true self is who we were meant to be on this earth, creating our unique gifts and giving those gifts to the world. I believe that illness, disease, injuries etc are a gift to wake us up to the fact that somewhere in our life we are living out of alignment with our true self.
Life is just this experience of shedding masks revealing more and more and more of our true self. It is this journey to be curious about. To wake up wondering what magic and miracles are awaiting you today- and to choose to be present to them.
This is why being fully present in each moment of your life is very important.
If we are distracted by the chaos, taking in the abundance of information the world throws at us all the time, worried about the past or the future- we miss all the wake-up calls, miracles and magic in the present.
I know for me my body had to scream at me before I woke up to the fact that I was living out of alignment with my true self.
I want you to remember this: Our intention is to always live in alignment with our true self values! Our responsibility is to be curious about what those true self values are, allow them to change and evolve and then to choose to live in alignment with them. As long as we are doing that we are helping to balance our whole mind body emotion soul system.
Then one day another wake up call comes that evolves our true self values or makes us aware of another aspect of them. We may need to change our daily rituals and choices to live in alignment. See how we are constantly in flux. We are never done evolving, we are never perfect. That is the fun of life.
How can you start to become more aware of your true self?
- Question everything. Everything that you do, think, say- question it! Why do you say what you say? why do you do what you do? Why do you think what you think? Keep going deeper and deeper and deeper with your questions.
- Free write daily. Set a timer for 10 minutes and just allow the words to flow onto the paper. Some days ask yourself deep questions and let the words flow. Other days just let the words flow.
- Notice the things, people, thoughts that bring you a true sense of contentment or joy.
- Notice the things or places or experience that make you get lost in time.
- Start to keep track of the thoughts, people, actions, words, places that are truly YOU. Allow these things to evolve!
How can you start to live more in alignment with your true self?
- Set the intention every day to only choose the people, things, places, words, thoughts that are in alignment with your true self and remind yourself of your why for doing this! Your why may be to feel freedom, to feel healthy and well, to optimally heal or to be the best version of you. Remind yourself multiple times a day of your why.
- Take time throughout your day to get quiet and notice how you feel. The sensations in your body and your emotions will tell you if you are living in alignment with your true self or not. The icky feeling of not living in alignment can prevent you from doing that again and encourage you to live in alignment more where you feel luscious and free in your body.
- Vision daily your future best version of you. When you live as the future best version of you now you are living more in alignment with your true self. Choose to be in that future best version of you as often as possible.
- Have fun with the process. Be curious. Play with it.
magic & miracles, kelly